Our Story


Like all great things, St. Felix Centre began with people who cared. In the late 1930’s, the Felician Sisters began this tradition of giving and supporting the community which surrounded their convent at 25 Augusta Avenue. The Sisters provided their community with food and other assistance, and even built a daycare behind their building for children of new immigrants. Above all, the Sisters showed compassion and love to all those in need of their support.

It was in 1993 when the St. Felix Centre was officially established, and ten years later it became a registered charity. From its inception the late 1930’s until now, the centre has been continually evolving and adapting to meet the needs of our community, preserving its long tradition of compassionate service throughout the years.

Today, we are dedicated to providing support to some of the most marginalized individuals in Toronto’s downtown core. Services and programs for our guests are offered in a safe, welcoming and respectful environment inclusive of all religions, genders, cultures, and abilities. All peoples are treated with respect and dignity, regardless of circumstance, in the Felician-Franciscan tradition.